Sexual harassment and discrimination prevention training
All University employees are required to attend Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training. Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 284.496 (1)(2)(3) states:
- Within six months after an employee is initially appointed to state service, the employee shall attend a certified class concerning the prevention of sexual harassment.
- At least once every two years after his or her initial appointment to state service, an employee shall attend a certified refresher class or training concerning the prevention of sexual harassment.
- An appointing authority may require an employee to retake any part or all of the classes or training required by subsections 1 and 2, or to participate in any additional classes or training deemed necessary by the appointing authority.
Training conducted by EO/TIX staff
University departments and groups may request a training session conducted by EO/TIX staff. Please submit your request using the below form and someone with our office will contact you to schedule the training session.
Online training through Everfi/Foundry
NSHE has contracted with Everfi to provide online sexual harassment and discrimination training for its employees. Everfi uses the Foundry training platform for training courses. Every employee will receive an invitation to complete sexual harassment and discrimination training through Foundry in accordance with the above Nevada Administrative Code.
Course assignment links
Employees will receive their initial course assignment via email within the first six months of their employment and again every two years. Employees assigned to a Foundry course will receive periodic reminder emails until the training course has been completed.
Logging in without your course assignment/reminder link
If you do not have your course assignment/reminder email and login link, you can reset your login password directly on the Foundry website. Your login ID is the email address listed in your employee/student record.
- Visit the Everfi/Foundry login page
- Click the "Forgot Password?" link
- Enter your email address, which must match the email address listed in your employee/student record
- Click the "Reset Password" button/link
If you have been previously uploaded to the Foundry system with the email address you entered, you will receive an email from Foundry containing a link to reset your password. You may then go back to the website listed in step one, entering your email address and new password to log into Foundry and access your courses. You may also login and print or save your certificates from any previously completely Foundry courses.
Completing the training
Work at your own pace from any computer or tablet.
Courses will save your progress if you need to stop and return later.
Courses are best supported by the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (preferred), or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+. If you need help installing these browsers, please contact the Help Desk at (775) 682-5000.
Need more help? Contact Everfi’s tech support using “Help” within the course or by visiting the support website.
Clear your browser cookies. If you experience any issues with logging in or completing the training, please log out of Foundry, close the tab or window, and then clear your cookies. Web browsers cannot clear cookies from websites that are still open in other tabs or windows. You may then log into the training again to complete the course.
Certificate of completion
You will receive a certificate of completion when you have successfully completed the training. You do not need to send either to our office. However, we recommend that you keep both for your records.
Alternate training options
If you are unable to complete the required online training, please contact our office for alternate training options: firstname.lastname@example.org or (775) 784-1547.