Students should meet with an academic advisor at least once each semester to discuss course selection, progress toward graduation and to create lasting connections with faculty and staff in the Department of English.
Prepare for your appointment
- Check your record in MyNevada to clarify courses you still need to take and list non-English courses you need to take on a sheet of paper.
- Print out the worksheet for your English specialization and cross off English classes already taken.
- Sketch out a rough plan of your remaining semesters, with potential courses highlighted on the worksheet.
- Print and fill out any forms that require the advisor's signature, such as declaration of major or minor.
Major and minor declaration forms can be found on Academic Central.
- Language and Linguistics major worksheet
- Literature major worksheet (pre-2016)
- Literature major worksheet (2016 and after)
- Secondary Teaching major worksheet
- PackTeach major worksheet
- Writing major worksheet (pre-2016)
- Writing major worksheet (2016 and after)
- Minor worksheet (pre-2016)
- Minor worksheet (2016 and after)
For recommended four-year plans, please review the course catalog.