Why choose Nevada Leads?
Guided by experienced principal mentors, each Nevada Leads student will pursue a Master of Education in Education Leadership degree through participation through an intensive, experiential program of study aligned to the 2015 Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL). The accompanying internship will provide candidates with real world, school-based leadership experiences focused on the skills and dispositions needed to serve as change agents and advocates for equity in 21st century schools.
Key program benefits include:
- Schedule of classes that accommodates full-time teaching and work hours, with students taking on average two courses per semester, including summer semester. On average, students will take seven credits per fall and spring semester (includes one credit of internship), and six credits during summer semester, for a total of 37 credits
- Newly designed graduate-level content and coursework co-taught by current practicing school leaders and University faculty
- Integrated experiential curriculum and a high-quality internship embedded throughout the program of study
- Dynamic 21st century instructional models including face-to-face, virtual communities of practice and blended learning opportunities
- Placement guidance and support for graduates, along with networking opportunities with top WCSD administrators