We offer the following tests for concrete:
- Petrographic examination of hardened concrete: Determines the mineralogical and chemical characteristics of hardened concrete samples.
- Fresh concrete tests (slump, unit weight, air content, kelly ball penetration): Measures consistency, air content, and unit weight of fresh concrete.
- Chloride ion penetration test: Quantifies the durability of concrete by measuring the resistance to the penetration of chloride ion.
- Flexural beam test: The 55,000 lb capacity Instron measures the flexural strength of concrete beams.
- Uniaxial tension test: A new Instron tensile testing machine with 55,000 lb capacity measures the tensile behavior of concrete (Dog bone test).
- Compression test: Satec 500,000 lb capacity compression-testing machine can handle any type of concrete sample (including UHPC) in any shape.
|Test description||AASHTO standards||ASTM Standards|
|Air content||C231, C173|
|Bond strength/pull off test||TP114||C882/C1583|
|Flexural strength||C78, C293|
|Resistance to Chloride Ion penetration||T259||C1202|
|Tensile strength/tensile strain capacity||under development||under development|