Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I get my WolfCard?

Obtain your WolfCard ID at the WolfCard Office on the first floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union, room 001. Photo identification (drivers license, passport, etc.) is required. ID cards may only be issued to students who have registered for classes. You will be able to obtain your WolfCard the DAY AFTER YOU REGISTER FOR CLASSES.

What are the WolfCard Office Hours?

Regular Office Hours:

  • Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Saturday-Sunday: Closed
  • Saturday, August 26th, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Sunday, August 27th, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

How much does a WolfCard cost?

Degree Seeking Students:

Full-time degree seeking students (undergraduate, transfers) pay the University a New Student Fee, which includes the cost of your first ID card. Proof you have paid the New Student Fee fee may be required.

Graduate Students pay $10 for a card when they come into the office to obtain their card because the orientation fee does not cover the cost of the card. This card can be used to enter the Faculty/Graduate Student lounge in the Knowledge Center. Please contact the Knowledge Center Business Office for more details.

Affiliate Cards:

Affiliates are persons who require university privileges but are not students or employees of the University. An Affiliate application is required. Fax completed form to the ID Card Office at 784.4080. The charge for an Affiliate card is $10.00 (and can be paid for by the individual or a department IPO.

What happens to my WolfBucks if I leave the University?

REFUNDS: You may request a WolfBucks refund through the Campus Card Manager if you are graduating or leaving school for any reason. There is a ten dollar processing fee and two week processing period.  The WolfBucks will be refunded to the student if there are no outstanding fees at the University. You may also request a transfer of funds to a friend or relative at the end of the year if you are leaving the university.  Minimum transfer amount is $10. There are no refunds or transfers for Bonus WolfBucks.

If there is no activity in the account after 18 months any WolfBucks will be forfeited and the account closed.

Does the Lombardi Recreation Center accept the WolfCard?

Lombardi requires a WolfCard and paid membership for access into the building by students, faculty, staff, affiliates and a Lombardi card for all other memberships.

I have a Wolfpass for bus transportation. Is this the same card?

The WolfCard and Wolfpass are two different cards. You will need to keep your Wolfpass to ride on the bus.

What is a Prox (Proximity) card?

The Prox card is actually a key or building door access card.

What if my prox card is not working?

  • Are you enrolled for classes? (student) A student must be registered for at least one class for his/her card to function.
  • Did you freeze/unfreeze your card? If you froze your card and obtained a replacement, you must "unfreeze" your account for your new card to work.
  • Did you report a lost card found to Facilities Management? If so, contact Facilities Management.
  • Ask your supervisor or department head if your status has changed.
  • Does the door security device beep when you tap your card against it? If not, your card has been damaged. The card has imbedded copper wires that may be broken if the card is bent. NEVER carry your card loose in your pants pocket - this is a sure way to break the wires. Prox cards should be kept in a rigid holder.
  • Replacement cost for a lost or damaged prox card is $15.

How do I sign up for payroll deduction?

Download the Payroll Deduction Form. You have the option of signing up for yourself or for your University of Nevada, Reno student. Please fill out the form and turn it into the WolfCard ID Office in the JOE and we will process with Payroll. If you have any questions please call the office at (775) 784-4001.