Be a Tutor
We are always looking for qualified tutors to work at the Math Center. You DO NOT have to be a Math Major to be a tutor.
- Be a University of Nevada, Reno student enrolled in at least six credits.
- Have completed Calculus I (Math 181 at UNR).
- Earned at least a B in all college math courses.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested students submit an application form and an unofficial transcript to the Math Center.
- You can submit your application to the University Math Center in person -Pennington Student Achievement Center, Room 300.
- Or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application qualifies, you will be contacted to take the Math Center Tutor Exams.
- The Math Center gives two exams to assess mathematical skills and knowledge. Here is a study guide.
Depending on your application and test scores, we will call you for an interview. If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com