Sharing Kaltura Capture content with other users
Sharing content as the content owner
- Login in to WebCampus (Canvas)
- Browse to one of your courses and click on the My Media link in your Course Menu. It does not matter which course as they will all take you to the same My Media. The videos in MyMedia are associated with your NetID rather than with a particular course. If My Media is not showing in your course menu, you will need to enable it under Settings>Navigation in WebCampus.
- Click on the "Edit" button (link) adjacent to the video you would like to share
- Under the video, click on "Collaboration"
- Click on the "Add Collaborator" button (link)
- Enter the NetID of the person who you would like to share the content with.
- Select the Co-Publisher checkbox and Co-Editor if you would like the person to have editing rights as well).
- Click the "Add" button (link)
- You should now see that person's name and User ID (NetID) listed under Media Co-Editors and Co-Publishers.
How to use content shared with you
- Login in to WebCampus (Canvas).
- Browse to the course where you would like to add the content that has been shared with you
- In the area (basically anywhere where there is a text editor (i.e. pages, assignments, discussions) where you would like to add the Kaltura content, click on the blue chevron( (link) and select Embed Kaltura Media from the drop-down menu in the Text Editor.
- In the window that opens, click on the "View Media I Own" drop-down menu and select "Media I Can Publish"
- You should now see the content that has been shared with you
- Click the Select button (link) adjacent to the content to insert it into your course. Your Kaltura content should now show up in the text editor.
- Click the Save button (link) to finish adding the content.
How to add shared content to a media gallery from My Media
Follow the instructions below to add content that has been shared with you to your Media Gallery from My Media.
- Login to WebCampus (Canvas)
- Browse to the course where you would like to add the content that has been shared with you. Click on My Media in the Course Menu.
- Click on the Filters button (link) in the upper left hand corner of the My Media page
- In the pop-up, click on "Media I Can Publish" (link)
- You should now see a list of the shared media for which you have publishing rights
- To add one of the items to your course, click on the checkbox adjacent to the content, click the Actions drop-down and select Publish (link)
- Select the course(s) you would like to publish the content to under "Publish in Gallery"
- Click the Save button (link) to finish the publishing process. The video will now show up in the Media Gallery for the course(s) selected.