Dr. Vannucci has thirteen years’ experience teaching in a variety of programs at Orvis to include RN-BSN, undergraduate, and graduate studies with a focus on community health and vulnerable populations. She and her students won the University of Nevada, Reno Citizenship award in 2013 and 2014 for their work with vulnerable populations in the Reno area. Dr. Vannucci is also the Co-founder of the State Collaborative on Incivility and Bullying in Nursing. She speaks frequently on the subject locally, and internationally.
- Fifteen years of experience in community health nursing at State and County Levels that included program management and development, regulation oversight, public policy development, data collection, public speaking, legislative reports, coalition development, HMO oversight, and field/clinic nursing
- National consultant social marketing
- Past State Board of Health liaison
- Co-Founder of the Nevada Immunization Coalition, and the Nevada Diabetes Coalition
- Co-Founder State Collaborate on Incivility and Bullying in Nursing
- Ten years peri-operative surgical nursing experience
- Eighteen years grant writing/management experience at State and Federal levels
- Thirteen years teaching experience university level
- International speaker and subject expert on horizontal violence in nursing
- “A Solution to Increasing Nursing Retention: Integrating Incivility Education into the Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Curriculum.” Conference proceedings, the Fifth International Conference on Violence in the Health care Sector. Dublin, Ireland. October 2016.
- "The Nevada experience; combating lateral violence in the nursing profession.” Conference proceedings, the Fourth International Conference on Violence in the Health care Sector. Miami, Florida. October 2014.
- "Integrating horizontal violence theory and concepts into the nursing curriculum.” October 24-26, 2013, Vancouver, Canada, conference proceedings, Third International Conference on Violence in the Health Sector
- “Significance of Nursing Education in the Impact of Horizontal Violence,” Sept 2008, paper publication, International Journal of Disciplinary Social Sciences, peer reviewed.
- Horizontal violence in nursing
- Touro University Nevada, Doctor of Nursing Practice, May 2016
- University of Nevada, Reno, Post graduate Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, August 2018
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Masters of Science in Nursing Education, May 2007
- University of Washington, Seattle, Graduate Certificate in Public Health, September 1999
- University of Nevada, Reno, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1992, Bachelor of Arts in Community Health, 1988,