Dr. Weierich is the James K. and Lois Merritt Mikawa Distinguished Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology. She is a clinical/cognitive neuroscientist who utilizes a multi-method approach to clinically-relevant questions by leveraging the theoretical assumptions and methods of clinical science, cognitive science, affective neuroscience, and neuroendocrinology.
Dr. Weierich will be accepting applications for incoming doctoral students for Fall 2020.
- Neurobiological and behavioral mechanisms underlying normative stress states and stress-related disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mapping of neural and neuroendocrine stress signatures
- The influence of stress states on a person's experience of the visual world
- Postdoc, Affective Neuroscience, MGH/Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Yale University
- B.A., Psychology, University of Notre Dame
- Kleshchova, O., Rieder, J.K, Grinband, J., & Weierich, M.R. (2019). Resting amygdala connectivity and basal sympathetic tone as markers of chronic hypervigilance. Psychoneuroendocrinology 102, 68-78.
- Rieder, J.K, Goshin, L.S., Sissoko, R., Kleshchova, O., & Weierich, M.R. (2018). Salivary biomarkers of parenting stress in mothers under community criminal justice supervision. Nursing Research, 68, 48-56.
- Yoon, S.A., & Weierich, M.R. (2017). Persistent amygdala novelty response is associated with less anterior cingulum integrity in trauma-exposed women. Neuroimage: Clinical, 14, 250-259.
- Miranda, R., Weierich, M.R., Khait, V., Jurska, J., & Anderson, S. (2017). Induced optimism as mental rehearsal to decrease depressive predictive certainty. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 90, 1-8.
- Yoon, S.A. & Weierich, M.R. (2016). Salivary biomarkers of neural hypervigilance in trauma exposed women. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 63, 17-25.
- Hoyt, M.A., Bower, J.E., Irwin, M.R., Weierich, M.R., & Stanton, A.L. (2016). Sleep quality and depressive symptoms after prostate cancer: The mechanistic role of cortisol. Behavioral Neuroscience, 130, 351-356.
- Van Buren, B.R., & Weierich, M.R. (2015). Peritraumatic tonic immobility and trauma-related symptoms in adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse: The role of post-trauma cognitions. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 24, 959-974.
- Weierich, M.R., & Treat, T.A. (2014). Mechanisms of visual threat detection in specific phobia. Cognition and Emotion, 29, 992-1006.