Faculty and Staff Resources

Faculty start-up kit

Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Nevada, Reno. This page will help get you started in your academic career at the University.

  • On Campus at the University of Nevada, Reno

    View of campus from above


    Around Campus

    What's Happening on Campus

    • Nevada Today - The University's weekly electronic newsletter (sent via email)

    Child Care

    The Child and Family Research Center (CFRC) is the University's on-campus child care facility for University employees and students.


    The direct phone number for University Police Services is (775) 334-2677. For an emergency, please dial 911. For a full overview of all campus emergency services, including police, visit Police Services. Carefully read Emergency Procedures (pdf) and keep a copy in a visible location.

    Employees are automatically enrolled in the emergency alert system to receive emergency text and voice messages. Emergencies are also announced on the University website home page, the digital marquees, through department phone trees and by building marshals and safety officials. You can also download the Safe Pack Safety App which is a great resource for emergency contact and safety information.

  • Campus ID and Parking

    Net ID and Wolf Card

    Net ID

    The Net ID is a unique username that is automatically generated for all current students, faculty and staff of the University of Nevada, Reno. You must activate your NetID when you first arrive at the University, and then reset the password at least once a year afterwards. Your NetID will typically be made up of your name. For example, John Smith will have a NetID like jsmith.


    Your WolfCard is your campus photo identification card. To get a WolfCard visit the office on the first floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union (JOE) and bring a valid U.S. State or Federally issued photo ID, or a passport.

    Parking Permit

    You may purchase a parking permit for the whole year and have it directly deducted from your paycheck. Have your Net ID ready and visit the Parking and Transportation Services Office

  • Human Resources

    The University Quad on a sunny day, with students walking along the edges and Mackay Mines in the background

    Benefits Eligibility and Orientation Sign Up

    Employee Resources

  • Technology on Campus

    tablet next to keyboard


    The University of Nevada, Reno offers email accounts to employees of the University through Microsoft's Office 365 program at no charge. Most employees are entitled to an email address in the form of netid@unr.edu. Contact OIT for help activating your email.

    Email Signature Line

    Get a University email signature instantly to be automatically inserted in your emails by filling out this quick email signature form.


    WebCampus is the University's online tool for organizing classroom instruction materials. Learn how to get started using WebCampus.

    My Nevada

    Instructors will be able to access all tasks related to their class roster, grade roster and teaching schedule using MyNevada Instructor Task Center.

    Faculty Computers

    New faculty should purchase a computer with their start-up funds. Please contact your department administrator for more details. For equipment set-up assistance, please contact OIT.

    University Software Licenses

    The University provides site licenses for many common tools such as Microsoft Office, various statistical packages, database programs, etc. Find out more about the software provided.

    Getting IT and Technology Help on Campus

  • Your career at the University of Nevada, Reno

    stack of old books

    Annual Evaluation and Tenure and Promotion

    Annual evaluation for Administrative Faculty

  • Your Community

    audience watching graduation on the quad

    Campus and Community Engagement

    Faculty Senate

    The Faculty Senate at the University of Nevada, Reno is the principal representing body for faculty. Its membership includes representatives from each academic and administrative major unit of the University. The Faculty Senate represents faculty interests through shared governance activities and provides services to faculty.

  • Teaching Support and Policies

    view of side quad from the Pennington Student Achievement Center

    Administrative Manual

    Office Hours

    Faculty members who teach classes are expected to provide students with reasonable access for promoting student-faculty consultation, in accordance with major unit/department policy. For more information, review the office hours policy.

    Final Exam Policy

    For regular academic terms, final examinations held during the required final week class meeting must occur at the time specified in the Final Week Class Schedule, unless a change is approved by the Office of the Provost prior to the first day of instruction of the term. For more information, review the final exam policy.

    Grade Appeal Policy and Process

    Although the course grade assigned by the instructor is presumed to be correct, students may appeal a course grade by communication first with the instructor, then with the department chair. See the entire policy and procedure.

    Academic Integrity

    Handling plagiarism, cheating, or other academic dishonesty: The Office of Student Conduct educates the University community about academic integrity and handles academic dishonesty cases.

    University Catalog


    The University Studies Abroad Consortium has opportunities to teach abroad.

  • University Policies and Procedures

    NSHE procedures and policies

    University procedures and policies


    According to federal law, instructional materials posted online must be accessible to students with disabilities, even if no student in the class has requested an accommodation. Faculty are responsible for making their instructional materials meet accessibility guidelines.

    Supporting Students' Wellbeing

    Faculty are often the first people to realize that a student is in distress or even in crisis. You see students in your classroom on a regular basis. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you are concerned for a student's well-being.

    • Please call Campus Police at (775) 334-2677, if you feel that a student is an immediate danger to himself/herself or others.
    • Student Counseling Services provides short-term and crisis counseling.
    • Title IX governs the University's response to discrimination and ensures that you have the right to an education and to work and advance in employment on the basis of merit, ability and potential without fear of discrimination. Please inform yourself regarding Title IX.
    • Social Services Coordinator: Jahahi Mazariego (775) 784-1547.
  • Research Support

    panoramic view of Manzanita Lake with fountain in the middle