Global Studies Graduate Student Research Grant
The Ozmen Institute for Global Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno, in collaboration with the Graduate School, the Graduate Student Association (GSA) and the Office of the Provost have jointly provided and allocated special funds to enhance and promote international research activities for graduate students in different disciplines on campus. The grant program gives special consideration to interdisciplinary proposals of up to $2,000 which produce meaningful results that contribute to the research and outreach mission of the Ozmen Institute for Global Studies at the university.
The following types of projects will be considered for funding:
- International research that requires travel abroad
- International research conducted within the United States (e.g., at major U.S. research universities and/or organizations with an international focus)
Learn about the projects of Global Studies Graduate Student Research Grant recipients.
Grant application information
The grant application must consist of the following:
1. Cover sheet
2. Proposal of no more than three (3) pages (double spaced, 12-point font) not including bibliography and any attachments. The proposal must be written in a manner that is readily understood by non-experts outside the applicant’s field of study. The proposal should follow the outline below:
- Abstract (less than 100 words)
- Project description
- Statement clearly identifying the impact of the research project on the completion of the graduate degree activities or program
- Timeline (including submission of final report)
3. Budget with the following items:
- A line itemized budget of all expenses
- Statement indicating other sources of funding for the proposal being submitted
4. Letter (can be in e-mail format) from department chair or immediate supervisor stating whether the proposed project is consistent with the applicant's role statement
5. Necessary supporting documentation (e.g., letter of support from an institution abroad or a letter of invitation from a special collections library in the US)
6. Abbreviated two-page curriculum vita of the applicant
More information about Global Studies Graduate Student Research Grant
For additional questions or information on Global Studies Graduate Student Research Grant, or for assistance in submitting your completed proposal, contact the Director, Sudeep Chandra.