Learn the basics of the WebCampus user interface and how configure it for the best teaching experience going forward.
- WebCampus frequently asked questions
- WebCampus user interface
- WebCampus Global Navigation Menu
- Canvas Commons
- WebCampus Dashboard
- WebCampus profile settings (profile picture, contact information and personal pronouns)
- WebCampus notification preferences
- Combining course sections
- Getting additional help
Learn about the more advanced course configuration options found under the Settings option at the bottom of your WebCampus course menu.
- Course settings overview
- Course details
- Importing and copying course content
- Viewing the course roster
- Adding a TA to a course
- Customizing the course navigation menu
- Using student view
- Publishing your course
Course structure and content
Learn to organize and structure your course using a course homepage, modules, a syllabus and course pages.
- Course homepage
- Course reserves
- Publisher content integration
- Accessibility considerations
Course site design strategies
Learn about a few of the considerations you might take as you set up your course, and possible organizational structures for your course and course menu.
- Course site design principles
- WebCampus course organizational structures
- Organizing your course menu
Explore the communication tools and methods for reaching out to your students in WebCampus.
- Inbox (Conversations)
- Canvas Teacher App
Learn how to create a communication policy, including how you to communicate with your students and how they will communicate with you, in general and within WebCampus.
- Communication policy considerations
Learn about the various mechanisms that make up the graded assignment delivery ecosystem in WebCampus.
- Assignments overview
- Assignment submission types
- Additional settings
- Setting up assignments with Turnitin
Learn how to design and deploy effective assignments with tips on writing your assignment prompt and communicating assignment expectations to your students.
- Writing a clear assignment prompt
- Communicating assignment expectations to your students
Learn about student engagement and interaction using the Discussions tool in WebCampus.
- Discussions overview
- Options for setting up discussions
Learn about why to use online discussions, and some tips for designing and facilitating online discussions to be effective and engaging.
- Why include online discussions
- Designing online discussions
- Facilitating online discussions
Learn how to create and administer online quizzes, surveys and exams in WebCampus.
- Quizzes overview
- Quiz settings
- Questions types for quizzes
Learn to integrate online quizzing into your teaching and create effective, secure quizzes.
- Using quizzes
- Designing quiz questions
- Promoting academic integrity in quizzes
- Additional resources
Learn to use the WebCampus gradebook to assess learning and keep track of student grades.
- Gradebook basics
- Grading tools
Learn how to leverage the grading tools to their full capacity with effective feedback and the use of rubrics.
- General tips for effective feedback
- Multi-modal feedback
- Feedback with rubrics
Gradebook integration with MyNEVADA
Learn about the integration between WebCampus and the MyNEVADA systems. The final grade in WebCampus can be uploaded directly to MyNEVADA after meeting the prerequisite conditions for this integration.
- How to enable the grading scheme in WebCampus
- Uploading the WebCampus grades into MyNEVADA
Learn about additional tools that can be leveraged for effective student colloboration and engagement in WebCampus.
- Collaborations (Google docs)
- Collaboration strategies
Learn how to encourage and facilitate student collaborations using the Collaborations tool in WebCampus.
- Why to use Collaborations with Google Docs
- How to use Collaborations with Google Docs
Learn how to utilize student peer review in WebCampus assignments and discussions.
- Peer review for assignments
- Peer review for discussions
Peer review strategies
Learn to integrate peer review learning strategies into your WebCampus courses.
- Why include peer review
- Tips on implementing peer review
Learn how to promote student engagement through interactions and community-building strategies that can be supported by WebCampus tools.
- Online interaction with WebCampus
- Building community online