Emergency fund information
Applying for emergency funds? Read this first!
The Dean of Students (DOS) Emergency Funds Grants are sponsored and funded by ASUN to offer financial relief to University of Nevada, Reno undergraduate students experiencing a sudden and unexpected financial crisis for which no other sources of assistance are available. The goal of this program is to keep in school those students who might otherwise have to withdraw.
The Dean of Students Emergency Funds are intended to be used as a last resort when it is clear that no other sources of aid are available. It is not intended to relieve financial hardship that should have, or could have, been foreseen and budgeted. Award decisions are made on a case-by-case basis after meeting with the Dean of Students or a delegate.
To qualify for emergency funds from the Dean of Students Office, students must be currently enrolled undergraduate students in good academic standing and have all financial aid documentation completed. A strong priority will be given to students who have existing federal loans.
- Marczysnki Emergency Fund: One-time emergency grants may be awarded to eligible students. Allowable costs include but are not limited to travel, rent, medical expenses and food.
- Tuition Fund: Available for undergraduate students who have demonstrated financial need with paying tuition for the academic semester in which the application was submitted.
- Book Fund: Available for undergraduate students who have demonstrated financial need with purchasing textbooks for the academic semester in which the application was submitted.
Students must fill out the Dean of Students Help Request in its entirety. Applications will be reviewed by the Dean of Students and require a meeting. All meetings are currently held remotely.
Disbursal of grants
- Marczynski Emergency Funds will be disbursed in the form of direct deposit to your account. If you do not have direct deposit, the University Cashier's Office will issue a check that can be mailed to you or picked up.
- Tuition Funds are paid directly to the Cashier's Office.
- Book Funds are paid directly to the Nevada Wolf Shop.
Please note, you may only receive assistance from each fund one time during your academic career at the University of Nevada, Reno.
It is your responsibility to meet with a Financial Aid officer to determine if this award may impact any current or future financial aid.
Questions may be directed to the Dean of Students Office at (775) 682-6846 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Clicking the button below indicates you have read and understood these guidelines and instructions for emergency fund awards.