My research work focusses on understanding and unraveling the intricacies associated with grassland ecology, management, and utilization.
- Developing and promoting sustainable pastoral-based feeding systems for ruminant livestock production with emphasis on grazing management, systems, and forage quality evaluations.
- Screening forage crops for key adaptive traits, namely drought tolerance and water use efficiency for both improved and native forages in semiarid conditions.
- Evaluation of alternative forage crops for semiarid conditions.
- Studying grassland's role in the provision of ecosystems services and nutrient cycling in pasture systems.
- Cutting edge biological research on climate resilient forage crops.
B.S. University of Guyana, 2000
Graduate Diploma. University of Guyana, 2005 Education-Science
M.S. Mississippi State University, 2010
Ph.D. Mississippi State University, 2013