Welcome to Pre-Professional Advising
We are eager to assist our undergraduate students who are exploring or pursuing career interests in the healthcare or law professions. Our role is to help you understand what the academic preparation looks like, help you navigate the application process, and give you an idea of what admissions evaluator look for in their applicants. Students who are interested in a pre-professional career are encouraged to seek advisement early for course planning, securing relevant experience and understanding what the core attributes and competencies are to become a well-qualified applicant.
Your Pre-Professional Advisor: Who Your Advisor is Depends On What Your Major Is
To make an appointment:
- College of Science Students: Contact Pat Wilson, Professional School Advising, at (775) 784-4591. Pat's office is located in 100B/Sarah Fleischmann Building (SFB). Her email is email@example.com. Her office hours are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10am-4pm.
- All Other Colleges (e.g. CABNR, CHS, CLA, Neuroscience, Engineering), and Undeclared Students: Grace Cardenas-Leal, Coordinator for Pre-Professional Advising and Aldrin Santamaria, Pre-Professional Academic Advisor are located in the Pennington Student Achievement Center, University Advisement Center, Suite 405. Our priority population focuses on our matriculated undergraduate students seeking advisement on their academic and application preparation. We strongly encourage students to secure an advising meeting with us in advance, particularly during peak advising/registration periods when we quickly book out.
- Please call our front desk scheduler at (775) 784-4684 to schedule your advising appointment. Our office hours during summer months are M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm. During the regular fall/spring semester, the Pennington Student Achievement Center is open M-Th from 8:00am-7:00pm, and Fridays from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- All new, first-time, pre-med and PT/OT students are required to attend a Pre-Med / Pre-PT/OT Information Session prior to making a one-on-one advising appointment.
To give you a summary of the pre-professional areas, please refer to the following links below:
- Pre-Physician Assistant Preparation
- Pre-Dental Preparation
- Pre-Law Preparation
- Pre-Med Preparation
- Pre-Optometry Preparation
- Pre-Pharmacy Preparation
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Preparing for Occupational Therapy
Special Program: Battle of the Brains