Welcome to Pre-Professional Advising
We assist students who are exploring or pursuing career interests in the healthcare or law professions. Our role is to assist you in understanding what the academic preparation looks like, help you navigate the application process, and give you an idea of what admissions evaluator look for in their applicants. Students who are interested in a pre-professional career are encouraged to seek advisement early for course planning, securing relevant experience and understanding what the core attributes and competencies are to become a well-qualified applicant.
Your Pre-Professional Advisor: Who Your Advisor is Depends On What Your Major Is
To make an appointment:
- College of Science Students: Contact Pat Wilson, Professional School Advising, at (775) 784-4591. Pat's office is located in 100B/Sarah Fleischmann Building (SFB). Her email is email@example.com. Her office hours are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10am-4pm.
- All Other Colleges (e.g. CABNR, CHS, LA, Engineering), and Undeclared Students: Contact either Grace Cardenas-Leal, Coordinator for Pre-Professional Advising, or Aldrin Santamaria, Pre-Professional Academic Advisor at (775) 784-4684. Grace and Aldrin are located in the Pennington Student Achievement Center, University Advisement Center, Suite 405. Students seeking an appointment are strongly encouraged to secure an advising meeting with them in advance, particularly during peak advising/registration periods.
- All new, first-time, pre-med and PT/OT students are required to attend a Pre-Med / Pre-PT/OT Information Session prior to making a one-on-one advising appointment.
To give you a summary of the pre-professional areas, please refer to the following links below:
- Pre-Physician Assistant Preparation
- Pre-Dental Preparation
- Pre-Law Preparation
- Pre-Med Preparation
- Pre-Optometry Preparation
- Pre-Pharmacy Preparation
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Preparing for Occupational Therapy
Special Program: Battle of the Brains