Frequently Asked Questions
Academic Year Hours:
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Degree Seeking Students:
Full-time degree seeking students (undergraduate, transfers) pay the University a New Student Fee fee, which includes the cost of your first ID card which is $10. Proof you have paid the New Student Fee fee may be required.
Graduate Students pay $10 for a prox card when they come into the office to obtain their card because the orientation fee does not cover the cost of the card. This card can be used to enter the Faculty/Graduate Student lounge in the Knowledge Center. Please contact the Knowledge Center Business Office for more details.
Affiliates are persons who require university privileges but are not students or employees of the University. An Affiliate application is required. Fax completed form to the ID Card Office at 784.4080. The charge for an Affiliate card is $10.00 (and can be paid for by the individual or a department IPO.
REFUNDS: You may request a WolfBucks refund through the Campus Card Manager if you are graduating or leaving school for any reason. There is a ten dollar processing fee and two week processing period. The WolfBucks will be refunded to the student if there are no outstanding fees at the University. You may also request a transfer of funds to a friend or relative at the end of the year if you are leaving the university. Minimum transfer amount is $10. There are no refunds or transfers for Bonus WolfBucks.
If there is no activity in the account after 18 months any WolfBucks will be forfeited and the account closed.
Lombardi requires a WolfCard and paid membership for access into the building by students, faculty, staff, affiliates and a Lombardi card for all other memberships.
Yes. The WolfCard and WolfBucks have replaced Venda Card in the campus libraries. If you have Venda Card dollars check with the Knowledge Center Circulation Desk on what to do.
The WolfCard and Wolfpass are two different cards. You will need to keep your Wolfpass to ride on the bus.
The Prox card is actually a key or building door access card. The ID Office is working with Campus Police on re-carding building staff from the old white key card to the new combination WolfCard/Prox card. Campus Police will notify the departments when we are ready to schedule re-carding for a building. Staff in that building requiring a prox card will need to bring a new, approved security form to the ID Office in the Joe Crowley Student Union to obtain the card. The security form will then go to Police so the new card can be activated and the old card de-activated in the system.
- Are you enrolled for classes? (student) A student must be registered for at least one class for his/her card to function.
- Did you freeze/unfreeze your card? If you froze your card and obtained a replacement, you must "unfreeze" your account for your new card to work.
- Did you report a lost card found to campus police? If so, contact campus police.
- Ask your supervisor or department head if your status has changed.
- Does the door security device beep when you tap your card against it? If not, your card has been damaged. The card has imbedded copper wires that may be broken if the card is bent. NEVER carry your card loose in your pants pocket - this is a sure way to break the wires. Prox cards should be kept in a rigid holder.
- Replacement cost for a lost or damaged prox card is $15.
Download the Payroll Deduction Form. You have the option of signing up for yourself or for your University of Nevada, Reno student. Please fill out the form and turn it into the WolfCard ID Office in the JOE and we will process with Payroll. If you have any questions please call the office at (775) 784-4001.