Dr. Xiaoshan Zhu
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2005
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2000
- B.S., Electronics Science, Nankai University, China, 1997
- New chemical/physical properties of nanomaterials and their applications in bio-detection
- Multi-modality bioimaging using engineered composite nanomaterials for disease diagnosis and therapy
- Integrated sensor systems using bioMEMS technologies
- Development, evaluation, and application of biosensors for environmental analysis, food safety, medicine, etc.
Selected and recent publications
- L. Huang, Xiaoshan Zhu*, N. G. Publicover, K. W. Hunter Jr., M. Ahmadiantehrani, A. de Bettencourt-Dias, T. W. Bell, "Cadmium and Zinc Alloyed Cu-In-S Nanocrystals and Their Optical Properties," Journal of Nanoparticle Research, DOI:10.1007/s11051-013-2056-9, 2013.
- C. Cowles, Xiaoshan Zhu*, "Dual Signal Amplification for Bioassays Using Ion Release of Nanolabels and Ion-Activated Enzyme Kinetics", Analyst, 137, 4815 - 4821, 2012.
- C. Li, F. Pei, Xiaoshan Zhu, D. Duan, C. Zeng*, "Circulating MicroRNAs as Novel and Sensitive Biomarkers of Acute Myocardial Infarction", Clinical Biochemistry, 45, 727-732, 2012.
- C. Cowles, Xiaoshan Zhu*, "Sensitive Detection of Cardiac Biomarker Using ZnS Nanoparticles as Novel Signal Transducers", Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 30, 342-346, 2011.
- C. Cowles, C. Pai, Xiaoshan Zhu*, "Using Fluorescence Measurement of Zinc Ions Liberated from ZnS Nanoparticle Labels in Bioassay for Escherichia coli O157:H7", Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 13, 5407-5413, 2011.
- C. Cowles, N. Publicover, Xiaoshan Zhu*, "Fluorescence Signal Transduction Mechanism for Immunoassay Based on Zinc Ion Release from ZnS Nanocrystals", Analyst, 136, 2975-2980, 2011.