California transfers

The University of Nevada, Reno supports students transferring from both community colleges and four-year institutions in the state of California. The University currently has out-of-state transfer agreements with California:

  • California Associate of Arts for Transfer (AA-T)
  • Associate of Science for Transfer (AS-T)
  • Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
  • California State University Breadth Agreement (CSU Breadth)

IGETC or CSU Breadth students

For students entering the University of Nevada, Reno, completion of all IGETC or CSU Breadth requirements may permit a student to transfer from a California community college without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division Core Curriculum courses. Per the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Board of Regents, all students must complete ENG 102 and instruction in the United States and Nevada constitutions.

However, many programs at the University require specific Core coursework as preparation for the major. Students are strongly encouraged to review major program requirements in the University of Nevada, Reno general catalog and to consult a University transfer advisor to select general education coursework in order to insure that work completed for IGETC or CSU Breadth will satisfy major-specific lower-division Core Curriculum requirements. Certification of completion of all IGETC or CSU Breadth requirements must appear on California Community College transcripts.

Need more information?