Becoming a Hearing Board Member
The Application Process
To become a Hearing Board member at the University, there is an application process one must complete first. All members must be able to work in group settings, have good reasoning skills, and always maintain confidential information. Furthermore, you must have a knowledge of campus resources, policies and procedure, as well as effective communication skills.
In order to be eligible for a Hearing Board member position, you must:
- To qualify for a student position, one must:
- Have completed one semester
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 undergraduate credits and maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Available to serve in two or more of the hearing times
- Complete mandatory trainings
- Complete the Hearing Board member application
- If selected, complete the mandatory trainings
All Hearing Board Members must be able to complete:
- Three mandatory trainings Fridays, 3-5pm
- Be available to serve two mandatory hearings
Faculty Board Members
Interested Faculty members please contact Kimberly Thomas, Asst. Dean of Student Conduct, if you would like more information on becoming a board member.