Become a hearing board member
There are three types of hearing boards facilitated by the Office of Student Conduct:
- Student Conduct Board. The Student Conduct Board hears cases where students have been charged with violations of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Academic Integrity Board. The Academic Integrity Board only hears cases of cheating and plagiarism.
- Sexual Assault Board. The Sexual Assault Board hears cases where students have been charged with sexual assault or sexual violence.
A general training is required for both faculty and students who serve on the Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Boards, while additional training is required for those who wish to serve on the Sexual Assault Board.
How to become a Student Board member
Students must complete a Student Conduct Hearing Board Application, which is submitted to Emily Schneider, Office of Student Conduct, Clark Administration Building Lake Level. You may either hand deliver it to the Office of Student Conduct or submit an email to email@example.com. All applicants who meet the qualifications will be invited to training sessions generally scheduled in the fall semester. All newly selected board members will be required to attend a training session before serving.
Undergraduate student board members
Undergraduate student board members must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed at least one semester at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Be currently enrolled in at least six (6) credits
- Have no student conduct record
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Graduate student board members
Graduate student board members must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed at least one semester of graduate work
- Be enrolled in at least six (6) credits
- Have a 3.0 cumulative graduate GPA
How to become a Faculty Board members
Only academic faculty are eligible to serve on the Academic Integrity Board. All faculty (administrative and academic) may serve on the Student Conduct Board or Sexual Assault Board.
- Academic Integrity Board. Academic faculty who wish to serve on the Academic Integrity Board should contact the Faculty Senate Office at (775) 784-4025.
- Student Conduct Board. Academic and administrative faculty who wish to serve on the Student Conduct Board or Sexual Assault Board should contact Emily Schneider, Office of Student Conduct, Clark Administration Building, Lake Level by phone at (775) 784-4388 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.