We are here to help make planning for your next campus event as easy as possible! Parking contributes to the success of your event. For this reason, a well-structured plan for the most convenient parking available is a must. Your Parking Services Campus Events Coordinator will assist you to determine your needs to help ensure a successful event!
Information We Need to Know to Assist
Before you call Parking with your event, please be ready to provide the following information:
- The event name or title
- The department or organization hosting your event
- The date and time of the event
- The event location
- The estimated number of attendees
- Who will be paying for parking?
You may contact the Parking Services Campus Events Coordinator, Amy Simonds, at (775) 784-4654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Special Event Parking Guidelines are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to 8:00pm and Friday from 7:30am to 5:00pm (Weekdays)
- A proper parking permit must be displayed Monday through Thursday, from 7:30am to 8:00pm and on Fridays from 7:30am to 5:00pm. Groups planning to park on campus during this time may purchase parking permits in advance through the Parking Services Office, the Scheduling Services Office (if they are non-campus entities) or attendees may purchase permits individually at the parking office located on 16th Street, upon their arrival.
- Daily parking permits cost $7.00 each for all silver zones, $5.00 each for the West Stadium Complex and $3.00 each for all green and blue zones.
- Friday 5:00pm through 7:30am Monday (Weekends), Groups (estimates of under 100 people) needing to park on campus during this time period will not be subject to a parking fee and will not be required to display a parking permit. Parking permits will not be distributed for these events.
*Ticketed events such as large concerts held at the events center or large athletic events pay for parking through a ticket surcharge instead of the guidelines listed above.
**The Parking Services Department will make the determination as to whether or not the event organizers must hire parking lot attendants for their event. If required, the event must pay for this service. The decision is based upon the number of individuals expected to attend the event, the particular parking areas that are requested to be used for the event, and the parking needs of disabled patrons. This information will be provided by the department scheduling the event.
Church Fine Arts Events
Parking for Church Fine Arts events in which a ticket has been purchased is available on level 1 of the Brian J Whalen Parking Complex at no charge.
If the event is a non-ticketed event (free entry), normal parking regulations apply. Parking is enforced Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m during fall and spring semesters.
For additional information, please visit the Church Fine Arts website.
Lawlor Events Center/Athletic Events
If you have any questions regarding parking permits for athletic events please contact the following:
University of Nevada Athletics Phone: (775) 784-6900 ext. 293
If you have any questions regarding parking during Lawlor events please visit the Lawlor Events Center website.