PACKTransit GPS service available
PACKTransit is excited to announce the new application that you can download on your mobile device from the Apple Store or Google Play. Search for 'PACKTransit" and plan your next ride around campus!
This summer, the University will partner with paybyphone to implement smartphone technology in highly utilized hourly and daily visitor parking areas. Pay-by-phone technology allows visitors a new and easy way to pay for hourly or daily parking through their smartphones.
Pay-by-Phone technology provides the following:
- Eliminates the need for cash.
- Requires three easy steps to park and pay.
- Allows those without smartphones to call a phone number to pay for parking.
- Provides multiple payment options such as Visa, MC, Discover, Android and Apple Pay.
- Allows the user the option of extending parking time through the phone app (in designated locations).
- Eliminates the need for a physical permit to be placed on vehicle dashboards.
- Provides safety feature as parking can now be made from inside the car.
- Allows for easy enforcement with no more meter malfunctions.
- Eliminates unsightly, outdated coin-operated meters; eliminates equipment clutter. Those areas which have pay and display machines will continue to be available for those who wish to pay with cash or credit cards in addition to the new pay-by-phone option.
- Those who use pay-by-phone will pay $2.00 per hour plus $0.25 service fee per transaction.