Zhizhong “Z” Li ventured into nursing academia at the Orvis School of Nursing (OSN), University Of Nevada, Reno in 2015 after significant clinical and leadership experience in trauma critical care at Renown Health. He obtained both his baccalaureate and master’s degrees from the Orvis School of Nursing. Professor Li is a certified Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. He teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses. Professor Li is both the coordinator for the undergraduate Level 1 clinical course and the Track Leader for the CNL Master’s program.
Professor Li has worked tirelessly for addressing and raising awareness about issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion both across campus and in the community. His academic and research passion focuses on addressing healthcare disparities and stigma among vulnerable populations, human dynamics in nursing academia and practice, and implicit bias and equity issues. He chairs the OSN Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and co-chairs the OSN Strategic Planning Committee. Professor Li was also appointed to represent the OSN as a member of the University's Presidential Diversity & Inclusion Taskforce, Faculty Diversity Committee, and the Faculty Advisory Committee of the Ozmen Institute for Global Studies.
Tung, W. C. & Li, Z. (2015). Pain beliefs and behaviors among Chinese. Home Health Care Management & Practice, (27) 2, 95-97. doi: 10.1177/1084822314547962
- Cultural diversity and inclusion in nursing practice and academia
- Healthcare disparities and stigmas in LGBTQIA + population
- Human dynamics and communication in nursing education and practice
- Compassion fatigue, burn out and turn over in academic and professional nursing
- Nursing management and leadership
- Health behaviors, issues, and disparities in vulnerable populations
- Substance abuse prevention and intervention
- Psychological and physiological response to pain management
- University of Nevada, Reno - MA, Online Journalism
- Truckee Meadows Community College - AD, Nursing
- University of Nevada, Reno - BS, Nursing
- University of Nevada, Reno - MS, Nursing