Carrie graduated from Great Basin College with an associate degree in nursing in 2007. She completed her BSN at Washington State University, and her MSN in Nursing and Healthcare Leadership at Duke University. In 2015, Carrie graduated with her DNP from University of Nevada, Reno, and is currently an Assistant Professor at the Orvis School of Nursing. She is very passionate about healthcare policy and interdisciplinary education, as well as rural healthcare policy development and support. The foundation of her DNP project was to improve access to care in rural communities as well as fostering interdisciplinary education to improve communication and coordination systems to enhance rural healthcare delivery. Carrie is also passionate about international nursing and healthcare, and currently holds the Legal Nurse Consultant Certification.
- Rural Nursing & Rural Healthcare
- Nursing & Healthcare Leadership
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Nurse Executive, University of Nevada, Reno
- Masters of Science, Nursing, Nursing & Healthcare Leadership, Duke University
- Bachelors of Science, Nursing, Washington State University
- Associate of Applied Science, Nursing, Great Basin College