- Ph.D., English (Rhetoric and Composition), University of Nevada, Reno, 2016
- M.A., English (Composition), Sacramento State University, 2010
- B.A., English, Sacramento State University, 2007
Katie Miller is a lecturer in the English department. Katie is originally from Pacific Grove, California and first arrived in Reno by way of Sacramento. Her research focuses on programmatic writing assessment and developmental writing. She teaches courses ranging from developmental writing to upper-division writing intensive electives for non-majors. In all her teaching, Katie aims to help students not only improve their written products, but cultivate habits of mind necessary to effectively tackle the various academic reading, thinking, speaking and writing challenges students will encounter throughout the undergraduate core curriculum at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Core Writing: ENG 098, 100j, 101 and 102
- ENG 321 (Expository Writing)