Thought on Tap, Second Season
The University of Nevada, Reno Core Humanities program in collaboration with the Laughing Planet and the University's College of Liberal Art announces the program for the second season of Thought on Tap — a public engagement series that brings together diverse faculty, staff, student and community members for important conversations around timely topics.
Thought on Tap is held at the University Laughing Planet (941 N. Virginia St.) on the second Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Light snacks are provided at each gathering. Grab a bite and beverage and join the conversation.
This year’s theme is “Future Visions of …” The series will explore the way in which the following topics are being, or can be, reimagined:
Future Visions of …
- Telling Stories From the Ivory Tower (Sept. 14th)
- Confronting Racism (Oct. 10th)
- The City (Nov. 14th)
- Work and Money (Dec. 12th)
- Sex and the Body (Feb. 13th)
- Storytelling (Mar. 12th)
- Food and Culture (Mar. 26th)
- Political and People (Apr. 9th, special episode at the Nevada Museum of Art)
- The Planet (May 14th)