A degree in communication studies lends itself to many extraordinary career opportunities. The interpersonal, written, public and organizational communication skills learned as part of the major, along with the technical savvy and intercultural awareness that are a key part of communication studies, prepare students for multiple career options.
Job categories for those with communication studies expertise include the following:
- Nonprofit leadership
- Corporate leadership
- Individual and community advocacy
- Human resources
- Medical services
- Media and journalism
- Public relations
Communication studies graduates
Graduates from the University of Nevada, Reno program in communication studies have enjoyed many wonderful work positions including the following:
- Human Resources Manager at Reno Orthopedic Clinic
- Executive Coaching | Learning and Development
- Talent Representative (San Diego) at Kforce Inc.
- Regional Manager at Surge Staffing
- Operations Manager at Serenity Inc.
- Academic Advisor at University of Nevada, Reno
- HR Talent Acquisition professional
- Account Manager, ABM at Limeade
- Marketing Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek a Destination Hotel
- User Experience Research and Customer Insights at Square
- Sales Manager at HelloFresh
- Sales Representative Merchandiser at Young's Market Company
- Marketing Director and Sales Operations Manager at REIG Companies, Inc.
- J.D. Candidate at UNLV-William S. Boyd School of Law
- Sales Events Manager at Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority