Basque Writing Contest
Open to all writing in English that has not been nor is in the process of being published elsewhere and has as its subjects the Basques, Basque culture, the life of the Basques around the world, or other Basque-related topics.
Entries open on Feb. 1, 2019, at noon PST. Entries close on Sept. 15, 2019, at 6 p.m. PST. Winners will be announced in November 2019.
First Prize: $500 for the winner and publication consideration
Second Prize: $150 Center for Basque Studies Press gift certificate and publication consideration
Third Prize: Basque Literature and Classics gift pack and publication consideration
Submit via mail to:
Center for Basque Studies
University of Nevada, Reno/MS 2322
1664 N. Virginia St.
Reno NV 89557-2322
Via email: email@example.com
- Submissions must be original and unpublished manuscripts
- Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or printed on hard copy and more than 10,000 words and less than 100,000 words
- Submissions should be clearly identified and accompanied by a cover letter (or email) that includes the entrant’s name and contact information. No contact information should be included on the actual submission.
- Entries will not be returned. Please only submit copies.
- Submissions can be in any genre, including but not limited to: literary fiction, short story collections, creative nonfiction, memoir and children’s literature.
A contest held in conjunction between the William A. Douglass Center for Basque Studies and the Boise State University Basque Studies Program.