University Advising Center
Pennington Student Achievement Center, Suite 405
About the University Advising Center
The University Advising Center serves five populations of students at the University of Nevada, Reno:
- Undeclared students
- Non-degree seeking students
- Redeciding students (students in a major, but exploring other options)
- Bachelor of General Studies majors
- Neuroscience majors
- Students taking Academic and Career Exploration courses (ACE 100 & ACE 210)
- Pre-professional students (ie: pre-law, pre-med, pre-dental, etc.)
Due to the undecided nature of these student populations, University Advising Center staff works, in close collaboration with our students and university staff, to assist with the decision-making process so that students can declare a major and graduate as soon as possible.
- Undecided Advising Information
- General Studies Advising Information
- Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) courses
- Transfer Advising Information
- Peer Advising
- Courses Verified for Multiple Core Objectives
Summer 2019 Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
7/5: CLOSED (Independence Day
The University Advising Center operates on an appointment basis. Occasionally during the first few days of the beginning of the semester we offer limited walk-in hours. You can login with your NetID and password to the Student Success Collaborative to schedule your appointment. If it does not show any availability, you may also call the University Advising Center at (775) 784-4684 to schedule your appointment. Please make sure when making appointments that you have your NSHE ID number available as it is very important for verification
Students are not assigned to a particular advisor, but are welcome to request a specific advisor.
Please make sure you arrive on time or early to your appointments. The advisor reserves the right to re-schedule appointments if you are late.
Advising Center Mission Statement
Through a collaborative student-centered approach, the University Advising Center will engage students in the process of exploring and defining their academic and career goals and create effective strategies to achieve these goals.
- Derek T. Furukawa, Ph.D., Assistant Vice Provost
- vacant, Director
- vacant (transfer)
- Grace Cardenas Leal, M.S. (pre-professional)
- Aldrin Santamaria, M.A. (pre-professional)
- Kara Spracklin, M.S.
- Lindsey Forbes, M.A. (Neuroscience)
- Suzanna Grove, Administrative Assistant
- Peer Advisors
- Student Employees
Meet the University Advising Center Staff