University Advising Center
Pennington Student Achievement Center, Suite 405
About the University Advising Center
The University Advising Center serves five populations of students at the University of Nevada, Reno:
- Undeclared students
- Non-degree seeking students
- Redeciding students (students in a major, but exploring other options)
- Bachelor of General Studies majors
- Students taking Academic and Career Exploration courses (ACE 100 & ACE 210)
- Pre-professional students (ie: pre-law, pre-med, pre-dental, etc.)
Due to the undecided nature of these student populations, University Advising Center staff works, in close collaboration with our students and university staff, to assist with the decision-making process so that students can declare a major and graduate as soon as possible.
- Undecided Advising Information
- General Studies Advising Information
- Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) courses
Fall 2017 Hours (beginning 8/28)
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
*Walk-Ins only 8/28-9/1
*Closed: 9/4-Labor Day; 10/27-Nevada Day; 11/10-Veteran's Day; 11/23-Thanksgiving; 11/24-Family Day
*Hour Changes: 10/9-10/13: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; 11/20-11/22: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The University Advising Center operates on an appointment basis. Occasionally during the first few days of the beginning of the semester we offer limited walk-in hours. Please make sure when making appointments that you have your NSHE ID number available as it is very important for verification
Students are not assigned to a particular advisor, but are welcome to request a specific advisor.
Please make sure you arrive on time or early to your appointments. The advisor reserves the right to re-schedule appointments if you are late.
Advising Center Mission Statement
Through a collaborative student-centered approach, the University Advising Center will engage students in the process of exploring and defining their academic and career goals and create effective strategies to achieve these goals.
- Derek T. Furukawa, Ph.D., Assistant Vice Provost
- Aqueelah Thompson, M.A., Director
- Dawn Aeschlimann, M.A.
- Grace Cardenas Leal, M.S.
- Cherie Youngblood, M.B.A.
- Kara Spracklin, M.S.
- David Yang, M.S.
- Suzanna Grove, Administrative Assistant
- Peer Advisors
- Student Employees
Meet the University Advising Center Staff