- A minimum of 24 transferable semester college credits.
While there's no limit to the number of credits which may transfer, at least half of the total number of credits required for the bachelor's degree must be earned at an accredited four-year institution. Thirty upper division credits must be earned in residence at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- 2.5 Cumulative Grade-Point Average.
Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in all coursework.
- College-Level English and Mathematics Requirement.
Students must place into college-level English and mathematics courses or have completed college-level English and mathematics courses prior to transfer. Test scores in ACT, SAT, AP, CLEP, IB and Accuplacer may be used as evidence of compliance to this requirement provided that they satisfy UNR cut-offs and policy.
Transfer students should apply early. February 1 is the priority deadline for scholarship consideration (additional scholarship application is required) and July 1 is the final application deadline for fall semester.
For students who wish to start in the spring semester, December 15 is the application deadline. Students must submit all supporting documentation by January 5.
There are also transfer opportunities for international students. For more information visit the Office of International Students and Scholars.
About Transferable Credits
Credits that do transfer (at least as electives):
- Credits earned at a four or two-year regionally accredited college (or institution)
Credits that do not transfer
- Credits for remedial courses (e.g. intermediate algebra, intermediate English, etc.)
- Technical types of courses (e.g. welding, automotive, etc.)