Appointments are 50-minute sessions with a trained peer tutor. Together, you and your tutor focus on your specific concerns for a specific undergraduate University course in which you are currently enrolled. One-on-one appointment tutoring sessions for undergraduates are free each semester, but you must attend. Two absences will block you from making appointments for the remainder of the semester.
Please note: Tutors do not provide primary instruction and students must attend class. Tutors provide supplemental support for a student's current University course.
Why individual tutoring works
Our tutors are trained to provide you assistance, but they do not do the work for you. Your tutor's goal is to build your confidence with and understanding of the material and prepare you to be able to handle the material on your own.
- 50 minute sessions allow time for you to cover multiple questions with your tutor
- Your tutor will adapt session to your pace and ability
- Tutoring sessions are customized to meet your needs
Absence/ cancellation policy
If you cancel a session less than 20 hours in advance or fail to show up for a session, it will be counted as an absence. Two absences will block you from making any additional appointments for the semester.
- Arrive on time and ready to work
- Contact the University Tutoring Center 20 hours in advance if you need to miss an appointment
- Attempt the homework ahead of time
- Come with questions prepared
- Actively participate in the tutoring session
- In group sessions, be a team player
- Attend class regularly
- Use your professor's office hours if at all possible