Silver State Transfer Program

Reading room

The Silver State Transfer program offers a co-admissions bridge from the Nevada Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) community colleges to the University of Nevada, Reno. By participating in the program, students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with advising specialists and have extra support when transitioning into the University of Nevada, Reno. Students who are in the program will be allowed to take courses from both the community college and the University, while still pursuing their transferable associate degree. This program ensures the student's personal goals, timelines and budget are all being met when completing a bachelor's degree. To learn more, review the full Silver State Transfer Program guidelines.

Apply to the Silver State Transfer Program

Note: To open the Silver State Transfer Program application, you must use Internet Explorer or configure Firefox or Chrome to open PDFs directly from Adobe Reader (instructions). If you continue to experience issues with the form, please email or call (775) 784-7000, option 1. You may also come to the office on the first floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services building to acquire a paper copy.

Benefits of co-admission

  • Gain access to coordinated, timely and accurate academic advising from both the community college and University
  • Have certainty regarding how specific courses will transfer
  • Attend events designed to familiarize new students with the University
  • Least costly route to a bachelor's degree (every course will be utilized)
  • Students are monitored and provided career exploration
  • Transcripts are exchanged twice a semester between institutions
  • Receive one-on-one advising
  • Personally invited to Nevada's campus for events
  • Have access to gym, athletic events and library

How to pursue co-admission through the Silver State Transfer Program

After completing your first year at community college, apply for the Silver State Transfer Program. Once accepted, you will develop a plan with University and community college academic advisors to finish your associate degree and transition seamlessly into a bachelor's degree program.

If needed, you will begin taking classes at the University campus as well as at the community college.

Silver State Transfer Program guidelines

For the smoothest possible transfer process, review and follow these guidelines. Each guideline must be met in order to transfer to the University of Nevada, Reno.

  • Students must begin their college career as a new student at a Nevada community college and must have earned a minimum of 12 credits to a maximum of 30 credits
  • Students must have completed at least one college-level English and mathematics course
  • Students must see an advisor at the University each semester and are strongly encouraged to meet with their community college advisor as well
  • Students must enroll in coursework that is included in their advisor-approved graduation plan
  • Students must complete at least 18 transferable semester credits each school year, maintaining a minimum 2.0 grade point average
  • Students agree to allow the exchange of transcript data between the community college and the University
  • A $60 non-refundable application fee must accompany their Silver State Transfer Program application. Please make check payable to "Board of Regents."
  • Applicants must submit documentation of immunization, two doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella in your lifetime and one Tetanus/Diphtheria within the last ten years. Immunizations are required upon the enrollment at the University.
  • Please submit an unofficial transcript with application
  • Bring to your community college advisor for approval
  • Submit your associate degree plan
  • Must receive AA within three years

Forms for Silver State Transfer Students

You may use the forms below for the Silver State Transfer program:

Permission to enroll: This form allows a student participating in the Silver State Transfer program to enroll in a class at the University of Nevada, Reno.

Permission to enroll

Declaration of intent to graduate: If you are intending on graduating from your current institution, please fill out the Intent to Graduate form. By submitting this form the student acknowledges and agrees to abide by the published admission application deadlines. Please see the Academic Calendar for all important deadlines and dates for the term you will begin attending the University of Nevada, Reno full-time.

Declaration of Intent to Graduate from Current Community College