The Nevada ENDURE program is designed for undergraduate students from underrepresented backgrounds, who participate in the program their junior (3rd) and senior (4th) year.
Applicants for the program must meet the following criteria:
- US citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident
- Current University of Nevada, Reno or TMCC student who will be a junior at the University in the upcoming Fall semester (i.e., current sophomore/second-year student)
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- From a background that is underrepresented in neuroscience at the doctoral level, as defined by the National Institutes of Health: underrepresented racial or ethnic minorities, first-generation college students, economically disadvantaged students, or students with documented disabilities.
- Able to commit to two years of training
- Committed to pursuing a Ph.D. in neuroscience or neuroscience-related field
The goal of the ENDURE program is to develop a diverse pool of undergraduates transition into and complete neuroscience or neuroscience related doctorate programs (e.g., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.). The program is not intended for students who plan to pursue a medical degree only.