Nevada Men's Basketball will host defending Mountain West champion Boise State in its conference opener this December, as the Mountain West announced its 2022-23 slate, Wednesday.
The listed dates for Nevada's Mountain West contests are tentative, and subject to change. Dates and tip times will be finalized upon release of the Mountain West television schedule at a later date.
Wolf Pack fans can also place their deposits on 2022-23 season tickets at Nevada Wolf Pack website.
The Pack will play nine at home, beginning with Dec. 28's contest against the Broncos, and nine on the road in the 18-game slate. Nevada will face Colorado State (Jan. 3 in Reno) and Wyoming (Feb. 28 in Laramie) just once each this season.
Following the home contests against Boise State and Colorado State, Nevada's remaining seven home conference opponents are: Utah State (Jan. 14), New Mexico (Jan. 24), San Diego State (Jan. 31), Air Force (Feb. 4), Fresno State (Feb. 11), San José State (Feb. 21), and UNLV (March 4).
Along with Feb. 28's game in Laramie, which is also Nevada's regular-season road finale, the Wolf Pack's additional conference road schedule includes: Air Force (Dec. 31), San José State (Jan. 7), San Diego State (Jan. 10), Boise State (Jan. 17), UNLV (Jan. 28), New Mexico (Feb. 7), Utah State (Feb. 18), and Fresno State (Feb. 25).
The Pack returns six letterwinners in 2022-23, including starters Will Baker, the team's leading returning scorer and rebounder at 11.5 points and 4.9 rebounds per game while shooting 54.6 from the field and 39.4 percent from 3-point range, and guard Kenan Blackshear, who averaged 8.1 points while passing out 2.68 assists per contest.
Nevada will be bolstered by a highly-touted class of newcomers featuring transfers Jarod Lucas (Hacienda Heights, Calif. / Oregon State / Los Altos HS), Hunter McIntosh (Snellville, Ga. / Elon / Greater Atlanta Christian School), Tyler Powell (Los Angeles, Calif. / Seton Hall / Ribet Acadmey), and Michael Folarin (London, England / Eastern Washington), along with prep signees Darrion Williams (Las Vegas, Nev. / Bishop Gorman HS) and Trey Pettigrew (Chicago, Ill. / Kenwood Academy).
2022-23 Nevada Men's Basketball Schedule (times TBD unless noted)
- Friday, Oct. 21 – Cal State East Bay (Exhibition)
- Monday, Nov. 7 – Utah Tech
- Saturday, Nov. 12 – Grand Canyon
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 – William Jessup
- Friday, Nov. 18 – at UT Arlington
2022 Cayman Islands Classic (Nov. 21-23)
- Monday, Nov. 21 – vs. Tulane – 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 22 – vs. Rhode Island/Kansas State
- Wednesday, Nov. 24 – vs. TBD
- Monday, Nov. 28 – Sam Houston State
- Saturday, Dec. 3 – at LMU
- Tuesday, Dec. 6 – at Pepperdine
- Saturday, Dec. 10 – at Oregon
- Wednesday, Dec. 14 – UC San Diego
- Wednesday, Dec. 21 – Norfolk State
- Wednesday, Dec. 28 – Boise State *
- Saturday, Dec. 31 – at Air Force *
- Tuesday, Jan. 3 – Colorado State *
- Saturday, Jan. 7 – at San José State *
- Tuesday, Jan. 10 – at San Diego State *
- Saturday, Jan. 14 – Utah State *
- Tuesday, Jan. 17 – at Boise State *
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 – New Mexico *
- Saturday, Jan. 28 – at UNLV *
- Tuesday, Jan. 31 – San Diego State *
- Saturday, Feb. 4 – Air Force *
- Tuesday, Feb. 7 – at New Mexico *
- Saturday, Feb. 11 – Fresno State *
- Saturday, Feb. 18 – at Utah State *
- Tuesday, Feb. 21 – San José State *
- Saturday, Feb. 25 – at Fresno State *
- Tuesday, Feb. 28 – at Wyoming *
- Saturday, March 4 – UNLV *
*Mountain West Contest