Students and faculty may submit a cybersecurity poster or video demo for the University of Nevada, Reno Cybersecurity Conference, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 10 at the Joe Crowley Student Union. Selected posters and demos will be presented from 3:15 to 5:15 p.m. The top three poster and demo submissions will receive $100, $50 and $25 monetary awards.
The annual Cybersecurity Conference, offered by the University’s Cybersecurity Center, brings together local and regional industries to build potential partnerships and inform participants of the collaborative opportunities offered at the University. It is free to attend.
Posters and demos submitted for the conference should spotlight cybersecurity. Cybersecurity Center staff are interested in both technical and interdisciplinary points of view that seek to incorporate societal, technical, ethical, psychological, political and/or economic considerations. All disciplines are encouraged to participated, provided the work touches on issues related to cybersecurity.
- Abstract: One-page summary of proposed work. Single column, 12-point font size. Word or PDF file formats encouraged.
- Poster or demo video: Please include a draft of your poster or short (three minutes or less) video of your demo. Posters should follow the University’s poster design guidelines. Accepted posters will receive support for printing costs.
- Email submission documents to Associate Professor Christopher Church or Assistant Professor Engin Arslan.
- Submission deadline: Sept. 23
- Acceptance notification: Sept. 30
- Camera-ready submission: Oct. 1