The Associated Students of the University of Nevada (ASUN) will participate in a campus-wide effort to encourage student involvement through Homecoming Week traditional events, alongside new events, from Oct. 9, 2021, through Oct. 16, 2021. The Wolf Pack community of students and faculty are encouraged to participate in a myriad of events, all happening in person:
- Saturday 10.9 | Running of the Wolves | 4:30 p.m. @ Corner of 17th Street and East Stadium Way
- Calling all first-year, sophomore and new transfer students... It's time to RUN WITH THE WOLVES! Running of the Wolves is an annual tradition. New students line up outside Mackay Stadium and lead the football team onto the field before the game starts. This year's pack of wolves will be bigger than ever, because ALL first-year, sophomore and new transfer students are invited to charge the field.
- Sunday 10.10 | Paint the “N” | 9 a.m. to noon @ Reno Softball Complex at the Reno Sports Complex, 2975 N. Virginia St.
- Join the Pack in our annual student tradition as we repaint the “N!” Meet in front of the Jot Travis Building and where students will be shuttled to the Reno Softball Complex to hike up to the "N" on the hill. Don't forget to wear close toed shoes and bring water!
- Monday 10.11 | Roller Disco | 6 to 9 p.m. @ Roller Kingdom, 515 E. Seventh St.
- Take the Pack back a few decades with 70s Roller Disco!
- Tuesday 10.12 | Undie Run | 8 to 10 p.m. @ Gateway Plaza (In front of the Joe Crowley Student Union)
- Run with your pack in the traditional Undie Run! Strip down and donate your clean clothes and hygiene products! All items will go to a local donation center.
- Wednesday 10.13 | Blood Drive + Barbecue | 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. @ Gateway Plaza
- Stop by to donate blood and enjoy some free BBQ! Students will receive a free shirt for participating!
- Thursday 10.14 | Howl Fest | 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. @ The Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center Lawn
- Come join us for a carnival themed event with games, vendors and more! Stick around until the end of the show for celebratory fireworks to celebrate Homecoming 2021!
- Friday 10.15 | Pack Midtown | 5:30 to 7 p.m. @ Midtown - Patio at Mari Chuy’s Mexican Kitchen, 764 S. Virginia St.
- Join the Nevada Alumni Association, ASUN and Nevada Athletics as we PACK MidTown. Help us support local businesses by wining and dining at their establishments and wear your Nevada gear to show support for the Pack!
- Saturday 10.16 | Homecoming Tailgate | 4 to 6 p.m. @ Gateway Plaza
- Build Nevada spirit at the pre-game tailgate, where there will be games and food provided. Then come show your Pack Pride as Nevada takes on Hawaii at 7:30 p.m. for the Homecoming game! Get your tickets here.
“I’m excited to bring back our Nevada homecoming traditions this year especially after almost two years of living through a pandemic,” ASUN’s Director of Event Programming, Tara Okui, said. “I’ve loved seeing all of the student engagement we’ve been getting at ASUN events this year and can’t wait to see the turnout we get for Homecoming.
“I’m hoping students take advantage of this opportunity to take a little break from their school work and have some fun, meet new people and participate in Nevada traditions. It’s awesome to see the community come together for Homecoming each year; it’s something we’ve all missed!”
All events are currently being advertised throughout @NevadaASUN’s social media platforms and on the homecoming webpage. Check out how to enter a number of Wolf Pack Spirit Contests, too. ASUN hopes to bring back the history and excitement of being on campus this semester through in-person events such as those during Homecoming Week.