The Staff Employees' Council (SEC) is accepting nominations for the 2019 Distinguished Classified Employee of the Year and Wolf Cub of the Year awards.
Criteria for the Distinguished Classified Employee of the Year:
- Five (5) continuous FTE years of full or part-time classified service at any UNR location
- Concern for the university-at-large and its goals
- Positive attitude towards fellow employees, faculty, students, and the public
- Positive attitude towards work (availability, cooperation, courtesy, friendliness)
- Quality of work (accuracy, timeliness, creativity, initiative, dependability)
- Professional development, awards received, and community service activities (attendance at workshops, classes, lectures, committee and/or volunteer work)
Awards for the Distinguished Classified Employee of the Year:
- Recognition at the Honor the Best Ceremony Tuesday, May 14, the Silver and Blue Salute Wednesday, June 12, and the University Foundation Honor Court Thursday, June 20.
- Plaque and $1,000 monetary award
- Name inscribed in the Honor Court
Criteria for the Wolf Cub of the Year:
- Two (2) continuous FTE years of full or part-time classified service at any University location
- Excellence in innovation and initiative (ability to creatively tackle projects with enthusiasm)
- Attitude towards fellow employees, students, the public, and tasks (availability, cooperation, courtesy, friendliness)
- Quality of work (accuracy, timeliness, dependability)
Awards for the Wolf Cub of the Year:
- Recognition and plaque presented at the Silver and Blue Salute on June 12
- $200 Wolf Shop Gift Card
Nominations may be made by staff, faculty, and students and must be received by April 5, 2019. Forms are available on the SEC Forms Page; they should address all criteria and include real-life examples of the employee's success. For more information, contact Meghan Ezekiel at 775-682-7908 or Donna Healy at 775-682-7519.