The 2024 Festival is better than ever. We are celebrating 62 years with an incredible lineup of jazz artists and artist educators—and, offering a richer, deeper and more diverse educational and artistic experience for participants—devoted to educating and inspiring the next generation of jazz musicians.
Registered groups get to
- Perform for renowned artist educators in a 55-minute Performance Review*
- Vie for a spot in the Festival Showcase
- Experience improvised music at its finest while playing with the talented house band (comprised of nationally recognized artists) during our Thursday night Jam Session.
- Expand jazz horizons at clinics and daytime concerts led by experts in the field
- Watch captivating concerts: GEORGE and Terell Stafford + Manzanita Quintet
- Meet-and-greet event with 2024 composer, Erica Seguine
* Performance Review: 55 minutes with two accomplished Artist Educators. During this time, the group performs selections of its own choice and receives on-the-spot coaching and feedback immediately afterward. How the time is divided is up to the group’s director. After the Festival, school directors will receive a recording of their performance that includes the Artist Educators’ comments.
After you register, be sure to check your email and our website for Festival updates containing helpful information leading up to the Festival and for updates of our Artist Educators, clinics and schedules. If you are not on our email list, sign up now to join our email list.
View and purchase photos from the 2023 Reno Jazz Festival taken by Robert Retting Photography.