We offer Illumina library preparation services using commercially available kits. Our NextSeq 500 has several options for sequencing yield, ranging from 18-120 Gb (6 to 40 human genome equivalents).
We use quantitative PCR to aid in pooling samples. Pooled libraries are checked one additional time by qPCR to ensure optimal clustering.
Sequencing run data are transferred to clients via the BaseSpace transfer ownership function.
Funding for Illumina NextSeq 500 was generously provided by Dr. Michael J.M. Hitchcock
The Nevada Genomics Center operates a 3730 DNA Analyzer for Sanger sequencing. All of our runs include an internal plasmid control to aid in quality control.
For samples received Monday-Thursday by 10 a.m., you will be able to download your data the next day in the afternoon. Samples received after 10 a.m. Thursday or on Friday will be processed the following Monday with data available Tuesday afternoon.
Fragment analysis/genotyping/DNA fingerprinting
Fragment analysis can be performed using microsatellite or RFLP techniques. Samples are run on the 3730 DNA Analyzer, which is equipped with filters compatible with 6-FAM, VIC, NED, PET and LIZ (for size standards).
We can run plates provided as-is, or prepare your samples by diluting (if necessary) and adding size standard (typically LIZ 500).
We will determine the best dilution for your samples if necessary for a nominal fee.
Fragment analysis/genotyping sample submission guidelines
- Submit requests with our dnaTools LIMs.
- Email email@example.com with any questions related to using dnaTools.
- Ensure that your sample prep process (PCR) is working optimally and robustly. We recommend being able to dilute PCRs by at least 100-fold for optimal capillary runs.
- How to submit your samples:
- Using 8-well strip tubes:
- Label each tube with the sample number (1, 2, 3,…).
- Write the order number on the side of the first tube of the strip.
- Using 96-well plates:
- Submit a maximum of 96 samples per order if you are using plates.
- Order samples down columns. Sample 1 is A1, sample 2 is B1, etc.
- Write the order number on the plate.
- Using 8-well strip tubes:
Downloading Your Fragment Analysis/Genotyping Data
Data are provided in fsa format for download via the dnaTools server.
We use commercially available kits for PCR cleanup.
We use quantification methods specific for dsDNA or RNA.
Up to 16 samples will be quantified with a Qubit fluorometer.
A plate-based assay will be used to quantify 16 or more samples. Standards are measured in triplicate and you can request multiple measurements of your samples.
Agilent BioAnalyzer services
The Agilent 2100 BioAnalyzer system is a chip-based microfluidics-based platform for sizing, quantitation, and quality analysis of both dsDNA and RNA samples.
Agilent 6000 Nano RNA
RNA samples run with this kit should be 25 to 500ng/uL. The chip capacity is 12 samples.
Agilent 7500 DNA
Size range is 100-7500 bp. Samples should be 0.1 to 50ng/uL. The chip capacity is 12 samples.
Agilent High Sensitivity DNA
Size range is 50-7500 bp. Samples should be 5-500pg/uL. The chip capacity is 11 samples.
QuantStudio 3 services
We have a QuantStudio 3 that can be used with 0.2 ml PCR plates.