Aiding researchers in the study of genomes.
With expertise and a variety of instrumentation options, the Nevada Genomics Center is prepared to serve academic and industry researchers in their studies on the function and structure of genomes. Services offered can support a range of options and sequencing yield, from intensive, data-rich projects to pilot projects. The Nevada Genomics Center is a core facility located on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
Our equipment includes:
- Illumina NextSeq 2000, NextSeq 550 and MiniSeq for high-throughput DNA sequencing
- DNA Analyzer 3730 for Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
- Agilent TapeStation 4150 and BioAnalyzer 2100 for nucleic acid size determination
- QuantStudio 3 for quantitative PCR
- Covaris M220 for nucleic acid shearing
We offer services for next-generation Illumina sequencing, Sanger sequencing, fragment analysis and nucleic acid quantification and sizing.