Aiding researchers in the study of genomes.
The Nevada Genomics Center is a core facility located on the University of Nevada, Reno campus. We host equipment and offer services and expertise to academic and industry researchers interested in using genomics tools in their studies on the function and structure of genomes.
Our equipment includes:
- Illumina NextSeq 500 for high-throughput DNA sequencing
- DNA Analyzer 3730 for Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
- Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100 for nucleic acid size determination
- QuantStudio 3 for quantitative PCR
- Covaris M220 for nucleic acid shearing
We offer services for next-generation Illumina sequencing, Sanger sequencing, fragment analysis and nucleic acid quantification and sizing.