Pick-up, return, buyout iPad
iPad pick up
All incoming freshman and transfer students will receive their Digital Wolf Pack Initiative equipment just before the start of their first semester at the University. For most students this will be the Fall of their Freshman year.
If you couldn't make it to an iPad distribution event to pick up your iPad, no worries! You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your eligibility. After your eligibility is confirmed, you will need to complete the University of Nevada Student Technology Agreement on DocuSign (a link will be provided to you) and schedule a time to pick up your iPad.
If you leave the University of Nevada, Reno prior to completing your undergraduate degree and are participating in the DWPI, you must purchase or return the iPad, Apple Pencil, Smart Keyboard Folio, charging cable and adapter upon your departure. You can return the equipment by emailing email@example.com and scheduling an appointment. You will need to bring your student ID and all the technology with you.
If you have already left the area, you can ship your iPad, Apple Pencil, Smart Keyboard Folio, charging cable and adapter to us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
iPad buyout option
If you withdraw or transfer from University of Nevada, Reno prior to completing your undergraduate degree, you have the option to purchase your iPad and all related accessories at its to keep ownership. The process of purchasing your iPad is outlined below.
- Contact DWPI at email@example.com to request to pay for the device and accessories. The depreciated amount will be added to your PeopleSoft account.
- After the depreciated amount is added to your PeopleSoft account, contact the Cashier’s Office to pay.
- Send DWPI a receipt or proof of payment.
- DWPI will send you a Transfer of Ownership form.
- After we received the signed Transfer of Ownership form, we will remove the mobile device management system (MDM) and you can continue to use your iPad as you would with any other of your personal devices. Please note that after we remove the MDM software your device will reset to factory settings, so we encourage you to back up the device regularly to prevent any loss of data.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate this process.
Transfer of ownership to graduates
Students who graduate from the University will be able to keep their iPad at no cost. Please note that after we remove the MDM software your device will reset to factory settings, so we encourage you to back up the device regularly to prevent any loss of data.
Graduates will be sent a link to the Transfer of Ownership form via DocuSign to initiate the iPad transfer. Once the graduate and the Vice Provost for IT have completed their portion of the form, the completed form will be returned to the student with notification of the date that their iPad will be removed from the mobile device manager (MDM). The MDM will remove all university apps before uninstalling. At this point, the device is owned outright by the graduate.