Important Budget Dates
Important Dates for the Budget Process
If you have not worked with state or self supporting budgets in the past or feel in need of a refresher, please enroll in one of our Self-Supporting training sessions each spring. Please register at Training. Other training materials are located on the PBA website.
- February 23, 2017 CBE Training (Invitation Only)
- February 24, 2017 CBE Training (Invitation Only)
- March 1, 2017 CBE Opens, Self-Supporting Budget Forms Available
- March 9, 2017 Self-Supporting Budget Training, 1:30 PM, WRB 1006
- March 10, 2017 Self-Supporting Budget Training, 9:30 AM, WRB 1006
- April 14, 2017 Merit Ratings Due in CBE
- May 1, 2017 Self-Supporting budgets due to the Budget Office (MS 118 Clark Administration). Your Vice-President/Dean will likely require them earlier. Budgets must be signed by the respective vice-president, dean, or the dean's designated fiscal officer prior to submission to the budget office.
- May 19, 2017 CBE FAC Account Line Closure. (Any changes made after this date will require a FY18 Budget Revision.)
- May TBA, 2017 Preliminary State VP allocations distributed to VP/Colleges
- May 31, 2017 Final CPL Uploaded in CAIS
- June TBA, 2017 Final State VP Allocations Distributed to VP/Colleges
- June TBA, 2017 State Budgets Finalized
- June 27, 2017 FAC Postclose Tab Acctlines tab will close in CBE. (Any FAC changes after 6/27 will require a PAF.)
- Early August the Budget Office processes a budget revision on each budgeted account to adjust the budgeted opening cash balance to the actual opening cash balance. The excess or shortfall will increase/reduce the amount budgeted in expense object 79 - ending account balance. If the needed revision cannot be processed, the appropriate college/division budget coordinator will be contacted and requested to process a budget revision.
Please contact the Budget Office at (775) 784-6516 with any questions.