Rückert's main research interest is virus-vector interactions. She is establishing a research program focusing on mosquito antiviral responses with the aim of identifying targets for arbovirus transmission control. Further projects will focus on mosquito biology, vector control and molecular biology of viruses that are transmitted by arthropod vectors. I am also interested in virus-tick interactions.
- BCH/BIOL 405/605 Molecular Biology in the Spring semester and BCH790 Biochemistry Seminar in the Fall semester.
- Gymnasium Tauberbischofsheim, Germany, 2005
- BS Biology, University of Heidelberg, Germany, 2008
- MS Molecular Biosciences, University of Heidelberg, Germany, 2010
- PhD Virology, University of Edinburgh, UK, 2014