Our main research interest is in virus-vector interactions. Arthropod vectors of human pathogens include mosquitoes and ticks. We focus mainly on mosquito antiviral responses with the aim of identifying targets for arbovirus transmission control. Further projects will focus on mosquito biology, vector control and molecular biology of viruses that are transmitted by arthropod vectors. We are also interested in virus-tick interactions.
- BCH 405/605 Molecular Biology in the Spring semester
- BCH 790 Biochemistry Seminar in the Spring and Fall semester
- B.S., University of Heidelberg, Germany, 2008
- M.S., University of Heidelberg, Germany, 2010
- Ph.D., University of Edinburgh, UK, 2014