Submit a nomination
The Nevada Alumni Association seeks nominations from alumni and friends for the Nevada Alumni Association Awards. Submission of nominations in any or all of the categories described below is encouraged.
All submissions are due by May 1 annually. Please submit your nomination(s) online. If you need additional information please call (888) NV ALUMS or (775) 784-6620.
Nomination forms may be obtained from the Nevada Alumni Association by calling (775) 784-6620.
The following criteria applies to all awards, with specific criteria listed below each award name.
- An alumnus is defined as someone who has completed at least six credits at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- A candidate can only be a recipient of any given award once.
- The Awards Nominating Committee can move candidates into categories other than the one in which they were nominated if the committee feels it is appropriate.
- Prior recipients of the Certificates of Appreciation, Outstanding Alumni Service or Honorary Alumni Awards are eligible for each award.
- Whether an award recipient will be selected in any given year is at the sole discretion of the Awards Nominating Committee.
- For any award, excluding Outstanding Chapter of the Year, the Awards Nominating Committee may consider any nominated candidate, a former candidate not selected, or any other person who the committee deems qualified.
- With the exception of Chapter of the Year nominations, once an individual has been nominated for an award, the nomination is valid for a total of two years.
- No candidate will be considered unless nominated before the deadline.
- No political candidate will be considered in the year in which he/she is a candidate for political office.
- Unless otherwise noted, officers of the Nevada Alumni Association, elected members of the Nevada Alumni Council and Awards Nominating Committee members are not eligible for nomination while holding office.