University Advising Council (UAC)
Established in the fall of 2019 at the request of the advising community, the University Advising Council (UAC) consists of all professional advisors on-campus and meets monthly. During COVID-19, the council met virtually, but returned to in-person meetings in the spring of 2023.
The goals of the UAC include the following:
- Develop cross college and advising center communication on a regular basis
- Create community among the advisors as we have a decentralized advising model
- Ensure there is a level of transparency from the advising administration about advising initiatives
- To learn about different campus departments that provide resources to students via presentations at UAC meetings
The UAC houses advising committees that work on projects to streamline advising processes and support advising goals to best serving students. Committees include the following:
- Professional Development
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Academic Recovery
Over the past year, the UAC structure has changed. Previously, there was a UAC Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary. Advisors shared this organization no longer works due to the multiple roles in their job. Therefore, it was decided the Executive Director of Advising would organize the meetings but would continue the same meeting structure where the information provided is what is requested by the advising community.
All on-campus professional development opportunities for academics is listed in Pack Life. To see and RSVP for advising events, log into Pack Life with your NetID and password.