How to get started
One-on-one appointments are $10 each. If you need an appointment, you should pay for it 48 hours in advance. You can schedule an appointment 20 hours in advance.
Click this link to access MyNevada to pay for one-on-one appointments. Once you have paid for the session, it takes overnight to process. If you need to schedule an appointment for the next day, you have to go into the Tutoring Center with a receipt so the staff can make the appointment for you. Click this link to access the scheduling system in TutorTrac. Use your NetID to access the schedule. You will have the option to book one-time appointments.
What is one-on-one appointment tutoring?
Appointments are 50-minute sessions with a trained peer tutor. Together, you and your tutor focus on your specific concerns for a specific course.
Why it works
Our tutors are trained to provide you assistance, but they do not do the work for you. Your tutor's goal is to build your confidence with the material and prepare you to be able to handle the material on your own.
- 50 minute sessions allow time for you to cover multiple questions with your tutor
- Your tutor will adapt instruction to your pace and ability
- Tutoring sessions are customized to meet your needs... so talk to your tutor about what you need!
Absence/ cancellation policy
If you cancel a session less than 24 hours in advance or fail to show up for a session, it will be counted as an absence.
- Arrive on time and ready to work.
- Contact the Tutoring Center 24 hours in advance if you need to miss an appointment.
- Attempt the homework ahead of time.
- Come with questions prepared.
- Actively participate in the tutoring session.
- In group sessions, be a team player.
- Attend class regularly.
- Use your professor’s office hours if at all possible.