What is one-on-one appointment tutoring?
Appointments are 50-minute sessions with a trained peer tutor. Together, you and your tutor focus on your specific concerns for a specific course.
Why it works
Our tutors are trained to provide you assistance, but they do not do the work for you. Your tutor's goal is to build your confidence with the material and prepare you to be able to handle the material on your own.
- 50 minute sessions allow time for you to cover multiple questions with your tutor
- Your tutor will adapt instruction to your pace and ability
- Tutoring sessions are customized to meet your needs... so talk to your tutor about what you need!
How to get started
Click the "Make an Appointment" button on the right, or use this link to access TutorTrac. You will be directed to the TutorTrac scheduling system. Use your NetID to access the schedule. You will have the option to book one-time appointments.
Absence/ cancellation policy
If you cancel a session less than 24 hours in advance or fail to show up for a session, it will be counted as an absence. If you are absent TWICE, you will be blocked from creating additional appointment sessions. Walk-in labs and SI sessions will still be available to you.
- Arrive on time and ready to work.
- Contact the Tutoring Center 24 hours in advance if you need to miss an appointment.
- Attempt the homework ahead of time.
- Come with questions prepared.
- Actively participate in the tutoring session.
- In group sessions, be a team player.
- Attend class regularly.
- Use your professor’s office hours if at all possible.