Family & Guests
Travel by Air
The Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) is located just five miles from the University campus. The airport is home to seven airlines with convenient access to most of the country.
NevadaFit participants will need to arrange their own transportation from the airport to the University campus.
Families, friends, and the general public are cordially invited to attend the Commencement ceremony. Seating is first come, first serve. Seating for individuals with disabilities is available. Limited mobile guests may use the drop-off area near Morrill Hall, on the south side of the Quadrangle. Ushers will be available to provide a wheelchair escort upon request.
Gift Ideas from the ASUN Bookstore
The Nevada Wolf Shop (Bookstore) is located on the Joe Crowley Student Union and selected items can be purchased online.
The bookstore offers exclusive diploma frames
Alumni License Plate Frames
One of the bookstore’s most popular items is the “Alumni: University of Nevada” license plate frame
For the hard-to-buy-for graduate, gift certificates can be purchased for any amount between $5 and $500
Popular choices include video iPods and MacBooks
The University campus is located near the junction of I-80 and I-580/U.S. 395. Those traveling by car are urged to check Nevada Department of Transportation Road Conditions for information related to road construction and closures.
For information regarding the area’s lodging, dining and entertainment go to Visit Reno Tahoe.
- Make plans with your graduate – Finding graduates following the ceremony can be difficult in the crowd. It is recommended that guests make plans before the ceremony on a place to meet afterward.
- Be flexible – Times given for the recession are approximate. If graduation parties are planned following the commencement, be aware that the recession could be earlier or later than the scheduled time.
- Special Accommodations – Interpreters for the deaf will be present at the ceremony. Please follow the signs or ask a Student Ambassador for the location of the designated seating. If you require additional accommodations, please contact Kim Bonnenfant at (775) 682-5905 or email@example.com.
- Prohibited items – Alcohol is prohibited on campus during the commencement ceremony.
- All bags are subject to search – For safety reasons, all bags are subject to search by University Police.