Join The Committee
All committee members have the opportunity to serve on one or more sub-committees (described below), help design the year’s pin, sell pins and tickets, participate in Great Reno Balloon Race Events (eg., pilot party, crewing for the University sponsored balloon, staffing the balloon pin display at the hospitality tent on event days), and participate in committee pot-luck dinner for pilot.
- Scholarship: This sub-committee reviews applications for eligibility and selects 2 recipients for awards.
- Pins/Tickets: This sub-committee distributes pins and tickets to sellers, keeps accounting of how many sold, collects monies, and sells pins and tickets.
- Raffle: This sub-committee solicits raffle prizes from area companies and other donors, and sends letters for requests. Also holds raffle Wednesday before the GRBR and sends thank-yous and certificates to donors. Delivers and raffle prizes not claimed at raffle.
- Publicity: This sub-committee advertises the committee, recipients and pins/raffles through Nevada News, flyers, etc.
- Pilot’s Party: This sub-committee organizes the pot-luck pilot party – secures location, food list of committee, pilot gift and decorations.
- Hospitality Tent: This sub-committee sets up the University reserved booth each race day, secures enough food and drink from committee members for race days, staffs booth and pin display, and gives out any scholarship information at race days.
- Website Maintaining/Updating