PhD, The Ohio State University (2009)
Ansari Business Building, Room 504
Forensic anthropology, bioarchaeology, dental anthropology, California, Anatolia
My research interests focus on how the human skeleton can inform our understanding of human behavior in archaeological contexts and also be used in a forensic context as part of the biological profile. I am particularly interested in the application of dental morphology and metrics to answering research questions in both of these realms. My bioarchaeological research has focused on Neolithic Anatolia and prehistoric California. Within forensic anthropology I am pursuing research in the estimation of ancestry and taphonomy.
- ANTH 102 (Introduction to Physical Anthropology)
- ANTH 468 (Forensic Anthropology)
- Pilloud, Marin A., Joseph T. Hefner, Tsunehiko Hanihara, Atsuko Hayashi. In press. The Use of Tooth Crown Measurements in the Assessment of Ancestry. Journal of Forensic Sciences, doi: 10.1111/1556-4029.12540.
- Schwitalla, Al W., Terry L. Jones, Randy S. Wiberg, Marin A. Pilloud, Brian F. Codding, and Eric C. Strother. 2014. Archaic Violence in Western North America: The Bioarchaeological Record of Dismemberment, Human Bone Artifacts, and Trophy Skulls from Central California. In: Terry Jones and Mark Allen, editors, Violence and Warfare Among Hunter-Gatherers. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press. pp 273-295.
- Pilloud, Marin A., Terry L. Jones, and Al Schwitalla. 2014. The Bioarchaeological Record of Craniofacial Trauma in Central California Native Populations. In: Terry L. Jones and Mark Allen, editors, Violence and Warfare among Hunter-Gatherers. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press. pp 257-272.
- Pilloud, Marin A. Social and Biological Structure: Dental Phenotypic Variation and Inferences about Kinship and Community. 2014. In: Ian Hodder, editor, Humans and Landscapes of Çatalhöyük: Reports from the 2000-2008 Seasons. Cotsen Institute. pp 342-350.
- Passalacqua, Nicholas, Marin A. Pilloud, and Ginger Gruters. 2014. Letter to the Editor: Professionalism: Ethics and Scholarship in Forensic Science. Journal of Forensic Sciences 59:573-575.
- Schwitalla, Al, Terry L. Jones, Marin A. Pilloud, Brian F. Codding, and Randy Wiberg. 2014. Violence Among Foragers: The Bioarchaeological Record from Central California. Journal of Anthropological Archaeology 33:66-83.
- Pilloud, Marin A. and Simon Hillson. 2012. Brief Communication: The Use of Alternative Dental Measurements on Deciduous Teeth. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 149:299-306.
- Pilloud, Marin A. and Christopher Canzonieri. 2012. The Occurrence and Possible Aetiology of Spondylolysis in a Pre-Contact California Population. International Journal of Osteoarchaeology. DOI: 10.1002/oa.2245.
- Pilloud, Marin A. and Clark S. Larsen. 2011. "Official" and "Practical" Kin: Inferring Social and Community Structure from Dental Phenotype at Neolithic Çatalhöyük, Turkey. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 145:519-530.
- Pilloud, Marin A. 2006. The Impact of the Medieval Climatic Anomaly in Prehistoric California: A Case Study from Canyon Oaks, CA-ALA-613/H. Journal of California and Great Basin Anthropology 26:57-69.