Non-degree or visiting students and Wintermester

If you have not been formally admitted to the University of Nevada, Reno for the Spring semester, you will be classified as a “nondegree” student for Wintermester.

Registering as a visiting or nondegree student

Follow these steps to register:

  1. Apply online. New nondegree and graduate special students may apply online for Wintermester. Students must apply at least one week in advance from the start date of session. Choose the “Nondegree & Graduate Special” and select the admission term.
  2. Complete online registration. Register online as soon as registration opens for nondegree students.
  3. Prerequisites may be required. Search for and view the course(s) in which you wish to register in the MyNEVADA system’s searchable schedule. Once you find the class, select “details” at right to view prerequisites. If you have completed prerequisites at another institution, you will be required to take your transcripts to the department (Chemistry, Physics, etc.) offering the course to acquire permission for you to register in MyNEVADA.

Reminder about applications

An application is not necessary for continuing students who attended the Fall semester.