General Resources on Teaching
We recommend the following general resources to inform and inspire your teaching.
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Print and online publication on higher ed news and current trends in teaching. Subscription access available to faculty through the University Library.
- Cross Academy: Website with videos and downloadable resources on 50 research-based activities for effective teaching and learning.
- Educause: Resources and events relative to education and information technology. Subscription access available to faculty through link.
- Faculty Focus: Website with short articles on Higher Ed Teaching Strategies from Magna Publications. Additional paid resources available.
- Inside Higher Ed: Online publication on higher ed news and current trends in teaching.
- LinkedIn Learning: Find tutorials and courses on a wide variety of teaching and technology topics (subscription available through Washoe County Library)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC): Organization devoted to advancing quality digital teaching and learning experiences designed to reach and engage the modern learner. Subscription access available to faculty through link.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity: Online curriculum relevant to success in all aspects of your career, including a growing number of resources on teaching. Subscription to NCFDD available to faculty through link.
- Tea for Teaching: This podcast is a series of informal discussions of innovative and effective practices in teaching and learning. Transcripts and additional resources available.
- Teaching in Higher Ed: Bonnie Stachowiak hosts this weekly podcast and blog provides additional resources to inspire and inform teaching.
- Teaching Tools: Website with evidence-informed tools to promote effective, inclusive college teaching. Tools include a lesson planner and library of active learning strategies that can be filtered by various criteria to fit your teaching and learning context.